Spending the money on a really spectacular and lavish accessory is making an investment. This is particularly true when we purchase a pashmina or cashmere scarf or shawl. This is not a one-off. We want it to last a lifetime. It becomes an integral part of our wardrobe, making an appearance time and time again at special functions, on regular outings and even in the workplace. If we want them and us to look great, we need to take care of them.
An obvious method of doing so involves washing them by hand. Yet, there are many other things you can do to ensure your pashmina and cashmere scarves and shawls are always in excellent condition. Below is a simple list detailing how to store, handle and even wear these marvelous accessories.
1. Never place or store your pashmina or cashmere scarf or shawl in direct sunlight. Always keep it dry and in indirect light.
2. If you have a slight suspicion moths are possible, undertake protective action. Place in the drawer or closets, but not directly on any of your precious shawls or scarves, moth balls.
3. Avoid using a brush to “fluff” or “puff” up your pashmina or cashmere Raising the hair fibers on end will ultimately wear and weaken the fabric. The result is a damaged accessory.
4. Try not to catch the fabric of your pashmina or cashmere scarf or shawl on anything. Doing so will result in a unsightly and possibly damaging loose thread.
5. If you do have a snag, use the blunt edge of a sewing needle to push the fabric back into its rightful place. Never cut it or a hole will result.
6. If you must spray your perfume either do so on an area where it will not touch the shawl or scarf or spray previously, allowing the perfume to be absorbed by your skin. Failure to do so will result in damage to the feel or color of your accessory.
7. While hand-washing your pashmina or cashmere scarf or shawl is fine, tumble drying is not. A dryer generates too high a heat causing severe damage to the fabric.
8. If you are washing to remove a stain, never use bleach in the process. Turn, instead to products designed to remove stains from delicate fabrics. Be sure to read the label to see if it is safe to use with pashmina and cashmere before you buy or apply them.
Also, Visit our eBay Store for the Great DEALS and FREE WORLD WIDE SHIPPING!
00 cashmere scarf 100 cashmere scarf accessories Aveeno black cashmere scarf Boots cashmere pashmina scarf cashmere scarf cashmere scarf sale cashmere scarf sales cashmere scarves cashmere shawl cashmere shawls cheap cashmere scarves cheap pashmina scarves Christmas christmas gifts Christmas gifts. clothing exquisite gifts fall fall fashion fall’s fashion fashion fashion gift Forever 21 Gifts hand dyed scarves hand painted scarf hand painted scarves hand painted silk hand painted silk. handmade scarf hermes holidays gifts hollywood how to wear silk scarves jackets jeans Jessica Simpson klimt knee high socks large scarves looking sexy at winter Macy’s Mall Stop New Year Nordstorm pashmina scarf pashmina scarves pashmina shawl pashmina shawls pink cashmere scarf red silk scarves royal silk Scarves silk silk accessories silk scarf silk scarves silk scarves for women silk shawl silk shawls van gogh Victoria Secret winter winter 2011 winter fashion women women accessories women christmas gifts women holidays gifts women scarves women silk scarves womenclothingtoday
Copyright © 2008-2019 WomenClothingToday.com